HOME ABOUT WEDDINGS EVENTS PORTRAITS OTHER PHOTOGRAPHY PRICES TESTIMONIALS BLOG CONTACT

Sunday 1 February 2009

It was the way he was bread

I've been no knead bread baking again. This time I made a sourdough version. I followed the standard all white bread flour recipe from the New York Times except I substituted 1/4 cup of sourdough starter for the 1/4 tsp yeast. I used wheat germ rather than flour to dust the bread with but this seemed to burn more than the flour I had used on all my previous loaves so I think I'll stick to flour from now on.

Sourdough no knead bread

Apart from baking the bread I've not done a lot today. Just chilling watching sport on TV. So far I've watched the Aussie Open, Newcastle v Sunderland and I'm about to watch Liverpool v Chelsea. Then later I'll watch a bit of the Superbowl. A friend of mine is from Pittsburgh so I'll be supporting the Steelers. Um, "go Steelers!".

2 comments:

  1. Since you watched the Tyne-Wear derby you would no doubt agree that we were unbelievably robbed? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the clearest penalty I have ever seen...only joking! I couldn't believe he gave it. If anything the Newcastle guy did more pushing of your defender. You wuz robbed. Good and proper.

    ReplyDelete